Are you making the best use of virtual opportunities to engage with people, to explore issues creatively, and to reach decisions?
- Make consultation more accessible by going to where people are
- Encourage people who are fearful of speaking up in public
- Produce compelling documentation
- Reduce travel and venue costs
The course is divided into 8 sessions, held online once a week. Each session lasts for 1.5 hours apart from sessions 5 and 8, which last for 2 hours. The course uses Adobe Connect as its main platform, but other platforms (e.g. Basecamp, Zoom, etc.) are referred to and explored during the course.
Download a summary of the course.
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone who is experiencing the growing demand for effective online meetings and who wishes to develop their skills as both facilitators and producers of online meetings and discussions.
Anyone who is leading virtual meetings, virtual training, or webinars in the private, public or voluntary sector including Project Managers, Team Leaders, Facilitators, Trainers, Coaches, Community Activists
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What will you gain?
- Learn to lead engaging online meetings that elicit innovative thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Gain competency leading virtual meetings with Adobe Connect, and ToP Focused Conversation.
- Build your confidence as a virtual facilitator.
- Learn tools and techniques for eliciting participation, virtual meeting design, and five best practices.
Participants experience practical, hands-on learning:
- PRACTICE. Integrate learning by designing a virtual Focused Conversation with a partner, and by practising as facilitators and producers, with the rest of the class acting as participants.
- COACHING. Receive one hour of one-on-one coaching from an instructor. Use the hour any way you like — to cover a topic you missed, polish a skill, or to go deeper.
- FEEDBACK. Receive peer and instructor feedback during practice sessions.
- CLASSROOM. Eight virtual sessions using Adobe Connect.
- ASSIGNMENTS. One to two hours of assignments between sessions deepens the learning, and includes practice with a partner.
- RESOURCES. Collaborate with classmates in Basecamp (no subscription needed).
This course is not currently scheduled on our calendar of public courses. Please contact the lead trainer, Orla Cronin <email@example.com> for more information about the course or to discuss an in-house course for your organisation (minimum 8 people).