How can I facilitate change in an organisation, partnership or network? What tools can I use to help identify, understand and address the key areas of change?
There has been considerable thought applied to the nature of change, how to describe it, and how best to understand it, approach it or bring it about. This two day course offers ICA’s perspective on change in an organisational context, introducing a series of tools and frameworks which enable people to take a more holistic view and ensure that the “human factor” is included.
Who this course is for
This course is suitable for all those looking for ways to leverage profound and lasting change throughout organisations, networks, partnerships or communities – including leaders, managers and change agents within the ‘system’ itself, and those external consultants and facilitators who work with them.
A practically orientated course, our experience is that those who gain the most are those who bring specific cases to work on and apply the tools being introduced.
This course has no pre-requisite, but some prior experience of facilitation or change management is advantageous. Those who have attended Group Facilitation Methods will expand and deepen their understanding of ToP methods, and others will gain insight into the foundations of our ToP approach.
What you will gain
The course introduces tools for:
- reviewing and analysing trends, historical and environmental forces (the ToP Historical Scan method, the Wave);
- clarifying and mapping the organisational journey (The Organisational Map);
- identifying leverage points for change within an organisation (Dynamics Screen);
- understanding and applying values (The Values Screen);
- supporting individual behaviour change (Image Change).
This course has no pre-requisite, but it is of benefit to have taken the Group Facilitation Methods course. It is also of advantage to bring specific case study(s) to the course to consider as the tools and frameworks are introduced.
The course presents both theory and tools in a practical and participatory way, using a combination of short interactive presentations with real-life examples, and small group exercises with facilitated group reflection and discussion. Participants will have the opportunity to apply the tools to real-life scenarios of their own. Course materials will be provided in a course workbook.
What do participants say about this course?
In our last course (2018) 100% of participants rated this course 9/10 or higher.
Comments from participants’ end-of-course evaluations included:
- This training course was an excellent introduction to participatory facilitation for organisational change
- Several useful and adaptable tool for change makers and team leaders
- Inspiring and motivating. Opening to new ideas and tools; a space to share experience and learn from each other
This specialist course is not currently on our public courses calendar. Contact us for more information about booking this course as an in-house course for your organisation. We may also be able to run this course as a public course at your venue if there is sufficient demand.