- Learn to lead engaging online meetings that elicit innovative thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Gain competency leading virtual meetings with Adobe Connect, and ToP Focused Conversation.
- Build your confidence as a virtual facilitator.
- Learn tools and techniques for eliciting participation, virtual meeting design, and five best practices.
- To develop basic skills essential to virtual facilitation, including how to use tested and proven collaboration tools:
- Adobe Connect -- a flexible virtual collaboration platform where participants can build engaging meetings through the use of electronic sticky walls, virtual breakout rooms, and a variety of pods that elicit participation.
- Basecamp -- a lightweight, web-based collaboration and productivity platform. Members can post messages, share links, share any kind of file, add events to a calendar, and assign tasks. Basecamp notifies members via the site and email when activity occurs in their groups.
Who should attend this course?
This course is intended for anyone who is leading virtual meetings, virtual training, or webinars in the private, public or voluntary sector including Project Managers, Team Leaders, Facilitators, Trainers, Coaches, Community Activists
The Nitty Gritty
Participants experience practical, hands-on learning:
- PRACTICE. Integrate learning by designing a virtual Focused Conversation with a partner, and by practising as facilitators and producers, with the rest of the class acting as participants.
- COACHING. Receive one hour of one-on-one coaching from an instructor. Use the hour any way you like -- to cover a topic you missed, polish a skill, or to go deeper.
- FEEDBACK. Receive peer and instructor feedback during practice sessions.
- CLASSROOM. Eight virtual sessions using Adobe Connect.
- ASSIGNMENTS. One to two hours of assignments between sessions deepens the learning, and includes practice with a partner.
- RESOURCES. Collaborate with classmates in Basecamp (no subscription needed).
1 - Introduction, Orientating Participants to Adobe Connect
2 - Setting-Up an Adobe Connect Meeting Room
3 - Practice with Pods, Elements of Focused Conversation
4 - Virtual Focused Conversation and Layouts
5 - Participant-led Virtual Focused Conversations (2 hours)
6 - Breakout Rooms
7 - Using Special Features
8 - Participant-led Virtual Focused Conversations (2 hours)
| Published: 08 March 2016