Practical tools to design facilitation approaches with your client – 2 day course
How can I work collaboratively with my client to assess the situation and needs of a group or organisation, design a process response including multiple sessions all the way through to evaluation, and contract together for our respective roles and responsibilities?
Facilitating Client Collaboration shows how to collaborate with a client about all their needs, co-discover their big challenges, co-manage a robust facilitation intervention, contract with the client and evaluate the results.
This course is for facilitators and consultants who want to work with a client to develop complex or long term interventions; for managers, supervisors and staff who must enhance a group’s potential to create generate solutions to long term situations; and for leaders who need to design participatory processes with groups. The course has no pre-requisite, but prior experience of facilitation is recommended.
Packed with tools, templates and sophisticated assessment methods, and supported by real case studies, this course will prepare you to launch your facilitation practice.
Create collaborative client relationships:
- Develop working partnerships
- Manage multi-session events effectively
Evoke group creativity:
- Assess the organizational environment and client needs.
- Determine client challenges and solutions.
- Use innovation approaches that fit the abilities of the group.
Best practices for working together:
- Develop consensus on tasks, deliverables and roles
- Model professional boundaries
- Templates from contracting to evaluation